Where does GC/AQ Banking store account numbers

Lincoln A Baxter lab at lincolnbaxter.com
Mon Jul 13 03:17:44 EDT 2015

And now... answering my own question... (Hopefully this will be helpful
to someone)

On Mon, 2015-07-13 at 02:50 -0400, Lincoln A Baxter wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have been using the AQBanking functionality to download
> transactions
> quite successfully from my Bank  -- until the Bank issued a new
> credit
> card (new number) as a result of a mass compromise incident.
>
> Now, when I go to Actions -> Online Actions -> Get Transactions ...
> it
> downloads no transactions.
>
> How/where can I tell GC or AQBanking what the new credit card number
> is?

In $HOME/.aqbanking/settings/accounts/ there is a set of .conf files.
I found the .conf file which had the old account number in it, and
edited this file replacing the old account number with the new account
number.

I then restarted GC (I'm not sure this was necessary -- I suspect not)

Then Actions -> Online Actions -> Get Transactions GC asked me to
identify the account (or create one)... I just double clicked on the
original account (in GC), and the transaction came in.

Lincoln