investment

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Wed Jul 15 02:49:32 EDT 2015

On Tue 14 July 15 10:43:35 nosherwan wrote:
> What should I do if some of my relatives gives me money for investing on his
> behalf in those case,  buying a property, when the price goes up I sell it
> and then we share the profit.

Hi,

IMHO, the first thing you should do is seek professional advice about your
local laws and tax implications for partnerships (and their dissolution -
relatives can fall out over commercial matters just like any other partners).

Within gnucash, I suggest you have new file for your "partnership property
company" and record each partners contribution as equity.

In your personal books, probably a loan to Assets:LoansGiven:PropertyCo
as the profits come back, you gradually reduce that loan to zero, then start
recording the excess as income, but it will all depend on your local tax
reporting requirements, which I'm not qualified to advise upon.

HTH,
Maf.