how to restore backup

Chris Good chris.good at ozemail.com.au
Wed Jul 15 18:46:47 EDT 2015

> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 09:19:30 -0400
> From: "Gary Holtum" <diamondhranchqh at earthlink.net>
> To: <gnucash-user at gnucash.org>
> Cc: <gnucash-user at gnucash.org>
> Subject: how to restore backup
>
> I have backup files like a file named "gfh2015.gnucash", I also have backup
> files named "gfh2015.gnucash.long number.gnucash".
>
> I want to use(restore) the latest backup file and replace the
> gfh2015.gnucash file. How do I do that and end up with the basic file name
> (not the long number file name)?

Hi Gary,

The files with the long names because they include a date/time (ending with .gnucash usually) are the backup files.
gfh2015.gnucash is probably your live data file.

Rename your live data file, say to gfh2015OLD.gnucash, then rename the backup file you want to use to gfh2015.gnucash.

The FAQ on the website explains files fully.

If you need help renaming, then please advise if you are using windows, Linux or Mac.

Regards,

Chris Good