Problem getting quotes

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Jul 28 12:53:09 EDT 2015

> On Jul 28, 2015, at 9:42 AM, Hajo Hindriks <hhn10 at gmx.net> wrote:
>
> Hi John, as you expected, the output is different :-)
>
> C:\Program Files (x86)\GnuCash\bin>perl -MDate::Manip -e "Date_Init('TZ-UTC');"
> ERROR: invalid Date_Init argument: TZ-UTC
>
> If I understand correctly this confirms that it can find Date::Manip, right?

Sorry, that should have been ‘TZ=UTC’.

Yes, not only that it can find Date::Manip but that Date_Init is present and that perl recognizes it as being in the correct namespace.

So let’s go back to gnc-fq-helper.

First, try to get quotes from GnuCash and see if you get an error. If that works OK we can stop worrying about the perl command line. If it doesn’t, try this at a command line:

echo (yahoo “AMZN”) | perl c:\Program Files (x86)\gnucash\bin\gnc-fq-helper

Regards,
John Ralls