How to find/delete/convert all split transactions?

Oon-Ee Ng ngoonee.talk at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 22:28:38 EDT 2015

Hi all,

I've been using gnucash for a long while now (oldest imported
transactions are from 2008, original import was done somewhere in 2010
or so), so I've built up quite a bit of financial data (personal for
my family, not business data) through manual entry.

In recent months I've gotten quite frustrated with the manual entry
process, in particular because I do it twice (initial entry on mine
and/or wife's phones followed by copying that data manually to
gnucash). I tried the GnuCash android app, but that was a real
headache because I still had to manually export files and import them
to gnucash.

Anyway, because of that I want to try out an alternative (MMEX, at
this point), but to do that I've got to export my transactions
properly.

The qif convertor (3rd party) seems to work pretty well, as far as I
can tell, but MMEX can't handle split transactions at all (it really
chokes on them). CSV export, again MMEX doesn't handle the imports for
this well as transfers between accounts are lost.

I think I can hack something together with QIF export if I could just
remove/replace all split transactions I've ever entered over the
years. Is there a way to search only for split transactions or in some
way isolate them? Doesn't look like the main UI can do it, so perhaps
another app which accesses the same data?

So to summarize, my question is about replacing splits, and the reason
is because I can't find a convenient way to use gnucash from my
smartphone.

Thanks all.