Location of new GnuCash style sheets

alec at rebootcambridge.org.uk alec at rebootcambridge.org.uk
Fri Jul 31 06:49:56 EDT 2015

Hi,

I work for a small organisation running Gnucash for our financial records. I run Gnucash 2.6.6 from my Windows PC but I  store the accounts data on our network for back-ups. I've been running Windows 8.1 but recently upgraded to Windows 10.

I created a new style sheet to control the appearance of invoices. It would be extremely useful if others in our organisation could  create invoices for customers.  Where could they find the style sheet that I created? Is it stored locally on my PC or centrally with the accounts data? I've found the standard style sheets (.scm files), which are located on my PC at Program Files (x86)/ gnucash/share/gnucash/scm/gnucash/report but there's no sign of the one I created.

It would, of course, be possible to create new style sheets on the PCs of all other staff  members, but then I would have to edit every copy whenever we change the standard information included on our invoices e.g. opening hours or tweak our logo.

I tried writing this to the FAQ page but received an e-mail telling me this isn't a FAQ.

Thanks,
Alec Morrison