Change income account of posted/processed invoices?

Wm wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Tue Jun 9 16:09:18 EDT 2015

Mon, 8 Jun 2015 20:59:27
<CAOkiBYiOmZygctev8=5MX4y6VCscJYpy6gHVswwoONbKwxRkYA at mail.gmail.com>
Antonio Roberts <antonio at hellocatfood.com>

>Is there a way change the Income Account for invoices that have
>already been posted and processed? I've recently changed the way I
>record income (or, I've finally learnt how to do things better) and
>I'm recording the types of income. So far it seems I can only change
>the income account by unposting the invoice, changing the income
>account and then posting it back.
>
>Is there a way to do this without going through this process?

If you just want to move the money from one income account to another
you can do that ordinarily i.e. enter a transaction and Charge the one
you want to take the income from and move it to the other in the
appropriate time period.

If you want to change the invoices themselves then unposting and posting
is the way.

Aside: there is an argument that says that Invoices shouldn't be changed
without being re-issued and I don't think you want to do that so
consider moving the money about within your Income accounts.

If the movement of money from one income account to another involves tax
stuff local to you that is your business, not ours.

--
Wm...