Quick question on importing quotes

Wm wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Tue Jun 9 16:28:20 EDT 2015

Sun, 7 Jun 2015 19:21:20
<CAMPBK=uWGbG3o+=kzwLDh6PHqUmP4tsSBYLG=064keZZXaLz4w at mail.gmail.com>
Paulo Grahl <pgrahl at gmail.com>

>Hello,
>Is there a way to import historical stock quotes from a CSV file?
>I have searched extensively but could only find complicated python scripts
>that would do the job. Isn't there a simple way to format a CSV file and
>import it directly to my gnucash accounts?

gnc is a crap tool for following markets but good at recording
transactions, I suggest you keep non-personal historical information in
the format they are, that way you have lots of tools available for
analysing them.

if you're using one of the SQL backends and really want to know the
prices table can be imported to but you're not going to get much back in
your gnc application for your effort.

--
Wm...