GnuCash Crashes on Mac

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Jun 11 16:16:08 EDT 2015

> On Jun 11, 2015, at 1:04 PM, Halifax Sci-Tech Expo <hste at gnspes.ca> wrote:
>
> Thanks for the reply.  The confusion is my fault entirely... you're quite right, its a keypress that crashes, not mouse entry.  It's done it several (many) times.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled, etc.  Yes, it has keyboard focus, and I'm able to do other things (ie, File>Open - and successfully open a file).  I can also close, quit, generate a report...
>
> I also just tried placing the cursor in a field with data already in it (as opposed to the empty field at the bottom) and it also crashed - without keystroke.

Please remember to copy the list on all replies by using “reply all”, the double-arrow icon.

I trust it does this regardless of what key you press.

I can think of only two possible reasons for this: One is that this instance of Gnucash is somehow corrupted and the other is that there’s a hardware problem with your keyboard or trackpad that’s causing spurious selections, though in the latter case I can’t see any reason that it wouldn’t affect other applications.

My first suggestion is to delete Gnucash.app and copy over the one on your iMac. If that doesn’t work, try a PRAM reset:
https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-3604, second item.

If it’s still crashing after that, I’m stuck.

Regards,
John Ralls