Help with split postings

James Fuller James at plateautel.net
Thu Jun 11 21:11:14 EDT 2015

Hi,
I downloaded GnuCash a couple of weeks ago to use with our Vintage car
club finances.  Although I am no part of an accountant or
bookkeeper the package is so simple to use that I was up and running
with no problem at all.  I have encountered a problem with entering
deposits as a split entry.  Can someone help me out?

an example is as follows:

I want to make a $500.00 deposit.  The funds come from Sale of raffle
tickets, 300.00, and from Miscellaneous income, $200.00

I have read the instructions until I am blue in the face and can't make
it happen.  Can someone give me simple one-two-three steps for such a
deposit?

I will be forever grateful.

James Fuller