Crash with transaction report

Sean Porterfield gnc20150530 at sf.porterfield.net
Wed Jun 17 22:21:46 EDT 2015

On 06/17/15 19:18, Richard Dawson wrote:

>> I was curious about this, so I did a bit of digging. If you're running Linux Mint and used the getdeb package installer, then I have discovered something that might screw things up for you.
>>
>> Take a look at the file /etc/apt/sources.list.d/getdeb.list
>>
>> The installer uses the command lsb_release -sc to determine the version of Linux you're running. If you run that on Mint 17, it will say 'rebecca', in which case the getdeb.list file will read:
>> deb http://archive.getdeb.net/ubuntu rebecca-getdeb apps
>>
>> This is wrong! It should in fact be trusty rather than rebecca to fit with Ubuntu 14, which is what Mint 17 is based on:
>> deb http://archive.getdeb.net/ubuntu trusty-getdeb apps

>      rcdawson at Bestbox:~ > cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/getdeb.list
>      # deb http://archive.getdeb.net/ubuntu trusty-getdeb apps
>
>      rcdawson at Bestbox:~ > lsb_release -sc
>      rebecca
>
> You suggest "Changing that value and then running apt-get update could
> be the solution."  I think that you mean to tell me to edit
> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/getdeb.list to read "trusty", but it seems that
> it already does.
>
> Incidentally, I said I was running Mint 17.  It is actually 17.1.
>
> Am I reading this correctly?  If so, why is lsb_release -sc returning
> rebecca?
>
> Richard

I'm not running Mint, but I just re-read these posts and see that what
you quoted actually says, essentially, `lsb_release -sc` gives the
"wrong" answer and may have written that to the sources file.  You say
that's not the case (the file being wrong), so that should not be an issue.

I see http://www.linuxmint.com/rel_qiana_mate_whatsnew.php has a
reference to `lsb_release -u` which should allegedly return trusty.

I did just remove gnucash, install getdeb, and do the same apt-get
update and apt-get install gnucash earlier today successfully, though
I'm running Ubuntu 14.04 rather than Mint.

I know this probably doesn't help at all with solving your problem but
hopefully it reduces your confusion about rebecca a little.
--
Sean Porterfield