Cash journal register

Mike or Penny Novack mpnovack at mtdata.com
Mon Jun 22 09:53:01 EDT 2015

> On Sun 21 June 15 16:12:24 James wrote:
>> My journal has not been closed monthly.  I would like to print the register
>> by date.  Can thar be done?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> James Fuller

I didn't understand the question, confused by the terminology you are
using. In gnucash, the "journal" is implicit* (not explicit) and in
double entry accounting the "journal" isn't something that gets closed.
Since I don't understand what you mean by "journal" I have to question
whether I understand what you mean by "register".

Michael

* There is a report you can run if for some reason you want to see the
"journal". Few of us bother with it. In the old pen and ink on paper
days, transactions were first entered in the "journal" and then later
"posted" into the affected "ledger" accounts. Computerized accounting
software lets us enter the transactions directly into the "ledger" from
any of the affected accounts, but can produce the equivalent "journal"
entries in a report. Miscopying a number during posting was the main
source of errors, and the computer never does that.