Fast receipt entry into gnuCash

dave dboland9 at fastmail.fm
Mon Jun 22 16:14:04 EDT 2015

Ok, I admit I'm a little lazy, and that I have three months of receipts to
enter.  But hey, who has not been there?  I was thinking, it would be great
if there was a really fast way to enter recipts into gnuCash (this is a very
boring task).  Then it hit me - QR codes.  Here is how my idea would work:

1. You go to the store an purchase something.  You get a receipt, and the
receipt has a QR code at the bottom that contains the store name and
location, the date of purchase, the amount, and mayment method.

2. Accumulate a few weeks of receipts (like most of us do).

3. Start gnuCash, then grap a QR code reader of some sort.  Scan the code,
and gnuCash pops up a screen to enter the account(s), hit Eneter, next receipt.

Cool - right?

Of course we would need the cooperation of our friends from Intuit,
retailers, and perhaps some sort of standards org.  Oh, and the gnuCash
developers/community.

Any thoughts?

Dave,