How can I change Default invoice columns permanently

Mart mart at bruulog.ee
Thu Jun 25 05:14:02 EDT 2015

On 25.06.2015 12:06, Geert Janssens wrote:
> On Thursday 25 June 2015 11:07:26 Mart wrote:
>> Can someone help me out with this one?
>> Thank you.
>>
> Short answer: you can't currently.
>
> I'm sorry about that, but this was never implemented. The print button
> only knows about the standard reports, not about saved custom reports.

Let me rephrase the question: How can I change standard/default report
so it shows
1) Invoice Notes

and hides:
2) "Action"

> Feel free to create an enhancement request for this in bugzilla[1].

Hopefully someone else can do it for me who has a account :)

> Geert
>

> [1] Refer to http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Bugzilla to learn how to use
> bugzilla
>
>> On 20.06.2015 19:21, Mart wrote:
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> We use Gnucash for a small business and it works OK except Invoices
>>> (there are other annoyances in usability but lets leave those for
>>> later :)
>>>
>>> Default invoice is missing few fields we like to see and has few
>>> fields useless to us.
>>>
>>> No matter what I do, changes are NOT saved for next time I click
>>> Print button (we print everything to PDF and send to client. 0
>>> paper)
>>>
>>> What am I doing wrong?
>>>
>>> In General, Stylesheet: Default (fine by me)
>>>
>>> 1) Open Invoice
>>> 2) Edit > Report options
>>> 3) Disply Columns > Unchek "Action"
>>> 4) Apply
>>> 5) Select Display > Check Invoice Notes
>>> 6) Apply
>>> 7) Select Reports > Saved Reports Configuration
>>> 8) Save it as Printable Invoice
>>>
>>> Everything looks OK for currently open Invoice but all the following
>>> Invoices are missing those changes.
>>>
>>> I found out I have to use
>>> 1) Reports
>>> 2) Saved Reports Configuration