Help again

Michael Hendry hendry.michael at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 00:40:56 EDT 2015

> On 30 Jun 2015, at 05:16, James Fuller <James at plateautel.net> wrote:
>
> Hi Guys.
>  B. Ginner here again.  I was given a bad opening balance amount when I began the year.  I need to correct the opening balance to reflect  the proper amount.  Can someone tell what the postings are?
>
> thanks in advance,
>
> James Fuller

Morning, James.

Open the account that has the incorrect opening balance.

Scroll upwards (if necessary) to reach the very first entry for that account - this should be the first day of the first financial year you have recorded.

On this date, you should have a transaction with the Description “Opening Balance”.

Edit this transaction to correct the opening balance.

Michael