legit??? gnucash survey? from gnucas.interest at gmail??????

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 17:54:15 EST 2015

On Sun, Mar 1, 2015 at 1:06 PM, Paula Hendricks <paula at ph-webnet.com> wrote:

> has anyone else gotten this? do we know who these folks are? is this
> legit? how did they get my email address?
>
> why didn't this come thru the email list?
>
> * * * * *
> Dear GnuCash user,
> We are a group of developers exploring the idea of building a free online
> service based on GnuCash. We'd appreciate if you can take this 10 second
> survey and help us gauge interest.
> Thanks!
>
> If you have trouble viewing or submitting this form, you can fill it out
> in Google Forms.
> GnuCash Survey
>
> Hello, We are a group of developers exploring the idea of building a free
> online service based on GnuCash. We'd appreciate if you can take this 10
> second survey and help us gauge interest. Thanks!

It's possible to report the form to Google as a spam-advertised link so the
form may get taken down. In my opinion it pretty clearly violates the
Google Docs terms of service to use it that way.

They probably got the email addresses by collecting them from postings to
the email list. Why they didn't just post their survey to the list (as a
discussion) I'm not sure, but it doesn't speak well for them.