Savings Account Entries

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 13:31:03 EST 2015

On 3/2/2015 10:04 AM, Derek Atkins wrote:
> EngineInstitute <info at chinablueart.com> writes:
>
>> OK, so I have a savings account and I am posting a dividend. When I post it
>> the software automatically splits the entry and then posts it also as a
>> debit.
>> What is the correct way to handle this.
>> Thanks.
> How does it "split it"?  It sounds like you're not entering in the
> dividend correctly.

> -derek

Note that jcard21xxxxxxx illustrated the transaction using the
transaction journal view with Double Line box checked.  Try changing the
view to Double Line and decide which you prefer.

I personally prefer Double Line view because I find the that if the
Double Line box is not checked then I have the same confusion that
EngineInstitute expressed.

David C