Is there a way to make Journal Entries (or a workaround to have the same effect)?

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Mon Mar 2 15:37:24 EST 2015

On 3/2/2015 11:34 AM, Benjamin Melançon wrote:
> Thank you all!
>
> If my accountant enters the correction transactions as occurring on the
> last day, how do i match them up with what they are correcting?  Their
> description needs to include the date and description of the transactions
> being corrected?

What I suggest is that you first run the report which would produce the
"journal" so that you can see what a journal looks like. If you do that
before and after the books contain the correction transactions made by
your accountant you can find those (the correction transactions) easily.
You are saying that the description field (of these transactions
supplied by your accountant) will be having the date and description of
the transaction they are correcting. Presumably that would be done by
your accountant when creating these transactions.

If not, if you are expected to find the transactions being corrected
yourself, without good knowledge/experience of bookkeeping that might
not be easy.

Michael