Problem installing Crypt-SSLeay

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Wed Mar 4 12:26:06 EST 2015

On Wednesday 04 March 2015 05:08:50 YeOldHinnerk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> so what is the solution?
>
> Here's my setup:
> Windows 7
> GnuCash 2.6.5
> Active State Perl 5.20.1
> Finance::Quote 1.37
> All dependencies were automatically installed by PPM.
>
> When I click "Online Kursabruf installieren, I see the following:
>
> * Check Perl
>

> * Check Perl version
>

> * Determine which Perl flavour we have found
>
>   - ActivePerl
> * Install DateManip
>
> No missing packages to install
>
> * Install Crypt-SSLeay
>
> ppm install failed: Can't find any package that provides Crypt-SSLeay
>
> An error occurred, see above.
>
> Drücken Sie eine beliebige Taste . . .
>
> (Windows closes after any key is pressed).
>
> Best,
>
> YeOldHinnerk
>
> PS: If this is a know issue, it should be somewhere on the webpage,
> not only in the mailing list.

This is a known issue and John Ralls had pushed a fix for the core of the issue in the gnucash-
on-windows repository.

There were some failing checks after that in gnc-fq-* scripts, for which I pushed a fix this
afternoon.

But even after that, I get errors. I'm out of time to go hunting for this unfortunately. For
reference I'll post the output of "perl gnc-fq-check" below :
C:\Program Files\gnucash\bin>perl gnc-fq-check
Can't locate JSON/XS.pm in @INC (you may need to install the JSON::XS module) (@INC
contains: C:/Perl/site/lib C:/Perl/lib .) at (eval 68) line 2.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 68) line 2. at C:/Perl/site/lib/Finance/Quote/MtGox.pm
line 21.
Compilation failed in require at C:/Perl/site/lib/Finance/Quote/MtGox.pm line 21.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:/Perl/site/lib/Finance/Quote/MtGox.pm line 21.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 67) line 1. at gnc-fq-check line 91.
Can't locate object method "methods" via package "Finance::Quote::MtGox" at
C:/Perl/site/lib/Finance/Quote.pm line 119.

C:\Program Files\gnucash\bin>

This is on a WinXP box, with ActiveState Perl 5.20.1, and after successfully running install-
finance-quote.cmd.

Geert