Budget report enhancement (ranges in

Wm wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Sat Mar 7 16:50:06 EST 2015

Thu, 19 Feb 2015 11:17:53
<CAB0bw1_3CH0VXnT36+2iev0KmzD=KHtd7P=2Ys4yW89wg8JqVg at mail.gmail.com>
Dmitry Pavlov <zeldigas at gmail.com>

>Hello,
>
>due to recent discussion in devel mailing list, I realized that I did not
>socialized well enough my enhancement to budget report with regular users:
>ranged report feature.

I don't think you should criticize yourself, many people approach this
group once with a narrow mind.  If the answer is not immediate they
stop.

Should you be different when offering a solution? :)

>You can find detailed information here:
>http://blog.dnpavlov.com/2014/03/gnucash-budget-report-enhancement.html
>
>tl;dr;
>In budget report you can now select what periods to include + represent out
>of range periods as single column. It can help analyze long budgets without
>the need of huge screen, for example focus on current period.
>
>AFAIK this changes are not planned to merge to 2.6.x version of gnucash,
>but if you interested in that enhancement you can manually install updated
>report locally.

I'm not sure what to say, D.  I see people asking for enhancements like
this but not reading or finding out about them when they occur.

Many people here ask a question but don't follow.

You and I cannot change that except by encouragement, or in this case,
posting a ff to remind people that there are answers out there if they
looked for them.

Best wishes

--
Wm...