Tax Tables - how to rename entries?

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 19:00:36 EDT 2015

On 3/8/2015 4:31 PM, MP99 wrote:
> I have created various entries in the Tax Tables, which I would now like to
> rename. (I don't need to change which account they map to, just the names
> which I now regret using.)
>
> There's no edit button on the Tax Tables dialog box. I believe I could do it
> by creating new entries, reopening all my bills and invoices, changing to
> the new entries, closing (and re-assigning the payments), then I could
> delete the old entries.
>
> Is there a better way to do this within the package?
>
> If not, is this something I could reasonably do by editing the file
> directly?
>
> Many thanks for any help.
>
> cheers, Martin
>
> PS I did search for this subject, and the only other query I found doesn't
> seem to have received an answer.
>

> --

I am not sure what you want to rename, but if you want to rename the
accounts it is very easy to go to the  accounts window and edit account
names from there or even from an account register press Ctrl-E and
change the account name.

If you want to change the account assignments to different tax table
lines, that is a little more difficult as you have to do that in the
Edit >Tax Report Options, which is somewhat tedious as you likely
noticed when you set it up in the first place.

David C