creating QIF file under Dos using AWK

Michael DeBusk mdebusk at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 05:14:57 EDT 2015

On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 3:44 AM, AC <gnucash at acarver.net> wrote:

>> I've never gotten an error message about this. I can assume you have
>> never gotten one, either, doing it as you do.
>
> No idea, I don't use QIFs and I never import data.  I just happen to
> write lots of awk scripts (for non-Gnucash purposes) on a regular basis

Ah. I've been poking around in awk for some time, dabbling a bit here
and there, never getting serious. People who write awk, sed, perl,
shell, etc., scripts are fascinating to me in the way that magicians
are to little kids. How did he DO that?!

> If it really is supposed to be just a file header then it's just a
> matter of moving the single print statement with the type identifier
> from the main block up to the BEGIN block in the script.

Understood. (I think.) Thanks!

--
()  ascii ribbon campaign     * against html e-mail
/\  www.asciiribbon.org       * against proprietary attachments