Setting up gnucash to use postgesql back end - close but no cigar ...

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Mar 10 08:22:40 EDT 2015

> On Mar 10, 2015, at 6:04 PM, Sébastien de Menten <sdementen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Is the backup point for the XML file related to the fact that one has to explicitly "save" the file (and so a backup is done at each "save" operation) while for all SQL backends, data is saved immediately after each operation ?
> If so, could it be worth to add a "save a backup" (replacing the "save" button) for SQL backends ?

That's part of the plan once we switch to using SQL as the internal data representation. The SQL backends will just work with their SQL DBs, but the XML backend will work by loading the XML file into an in-memory SQL DB and saving it back out to XML. It will be easy at that point to use the same code to make an XML backup of a SQL-backend database.

Regards,
John Ralls