Changing Expenses to Vendor Bills

Wm wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 11 18:24:42 EDT 2015

Wed, 11 Mar 2015 09:05:47 <1426089947358-4676827.post at n4.nabble.com>
ssmusoke <ssmusoke at gmail.com>

>I had entered about 50 transactions to an expense account, however now that I
>understand the vendor part, I would like to move the transactions to be tied
>to a vendor.

The expenses needn't change. What what was the Liability leg of the
expenses?  if they where bought directly via assets then the money has
gone and you are just tidying up, no rush there.

>How can I do this without having to re-enter all the transactions again

If it is the money bit that is important, do one great big Vendor
invoice which will give you a chunk of money in Liabilities : A/Payable
and then move the money you have already paid about.

If you've done what I think you've done your asset will transfer to your
liability account instead of your expense account and it should all
balance.

Or maybe I just read it all wrong.

--
Wm...