GNU cash 2.4.11 trial balance bug?

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 22:50:55 EDT 2015

On 3/14/2015 8:27 PM, Dave H wrote:
> Check the faq also - specifically the sections on where are my data files
> located ....
> On 15/03/2015 11:21 AM, "CCAAT" <ccaat at tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> On 03/14/2015 05:32 PM, Dave H wrote:
>>
>>> oops should be www.gnucash.org <http://www.gnucash.org> of course :-)
>>>
>>  On 15 March 2015 at 08:32, Dave H <hellvee at gmail.com
>>> <mailto:hellvee at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>      This is a perfect example of why people get told to keep things on
>>>     list :-) I'm not a Linux user so have no idea where your files are
>>>     located, other Linux users will be able to jump in here and tell you
>>>     what you need to do presumably !!!
>>>
>>      In the meantime perhaps you should go to the gnucash home page at
>>>     www.gnucasg.org <http://www.gnucasg.org> and check out the wiki and
>>>     faq links in case there's an answer for you in either of those.
>>>
>>>     Cheers Dave H.
>>>
>>          I'm installing 2.6.5 on a new  Linux system. Which file(s) need
>>>         to be copied over to the new system. It's a new linux system,
>>>         with a fresh gnucash install, some a link to a wiki or some
>>>         guidance is most appreciated.
>>>

>> Looking at the wiki, I see no guidance on how to migrate the data inside
>> of 2.4.11 to a 2.6.5 version installed on a separate Computer.
>>

>> James

Not sure what you mean by 'data' .  There is a program, a user data file
and user 'prefs' which are things like your specific settings for how
the program works or certain defaults for currencies, fiscal years and a
few other things.

Many users just install a new copy of the GnuCash program onto the new
computer and a copy of the data file.  The other stuff can be set up on
the fly on the new computer with the possible exception of custom report
settings.  That is one area that is not handled automatically if you are
both moving to a new machine and migrating from the 2.4 series to the
2.6 series without upgrading on the old installation first.  Alas, I am
not sure about that case myself, but someone here should know about that.

David C