Setting up gnucash to use postgesql back end - close but no cigar ...

Sébastien de Menten sdementen at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 02:33:53 EDT 2015

Hello John,
You emphasized a couple of times that a) no CPU architecture supports
decimals b) sqlite does not support decimals natively, c) storing string
could be less performant.
And I agree on all of these points.
However, if time spent by gnucash on number mgt is marginal, these points
may not be that critical ... and so it can open/widen the horizon of
possibilities in terms of evolutions.
No more, no less than that (and sorry to have been probably confusing in my
reasoning).
regards,
Sebastien