GNU cash 2.4.11 trial balance bug?

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Sun Mar 15 10:00:21 EDT 2015

If there IS a bug in the trial balance feature, should of course be fixed.

However there is the matter of how we might use a "trial balance" when
using computerized accounting software. Now I learned in the old days
when it was pen and ink on paper so I know what a trial balance is, why
it was done, and the sorts of human introduced errors it helped you find
(and so correct) before going to the next step of preparing reports.
Checkpoints of this sort were very important in the days of pen and ink
on paper.

But computerized accounting systems are different. They simply will not
allow entry of out of balance transactions and will never make an error
transcribing numbers from one place to another. So assuming you have
already checked to make sure that there is nothing in "Imbalance" or
"Orphan", how are you making use of a "trial balance"? After all, it
WILL be in balance, no trial about it.

Michael D Novack