GNU cash 2.4.11 trial balance bug?

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 16 00:47:16 EDT 2015

Michael,

I just checked the options for the Trial Balance report. There *is* a start date of sorts; it is, however, “Start of Adjusting/Closing”, and it appears in the same location on the report options as the start date of other reports, so it might be easy to assume that this is setting up a starting point for the report coverage.

I do not know what the phrase actually means, however, and the documentation doesn’t offer any explanations about what this setting actually does. I suspect it has something to do with the settings on other tabs that identify the adjusting and closing entries, although I also don’t know what those settings might do either. (For what it’s worth, these are all probably part of why nobody mistakes me for a real accountant).

I suspect these options are part of the reason for user confusion.

David