How to print invoices from gnucash

R. Victor Klassen rvklassen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 11:12:23 EDT 2015

Unless something’s changed since I last attempted to print an unposted invoice, that should work too.

The way I print invoices is to
a) have the invoice open (like you are adding data)
b) select the create printable invoice menu item - possibly an icon on the top bar, but possibly off in the drop down menu of items that didn’t fit in the top bar.
c) an invoice appears, with columns I don’t want, so I go to “report options” and uncheck the columns I don’t want
d) print the invoice - using the same process as for printing a web page or whatever.

Because I’m on a mac, there may be an extra step if the invoice is particularly long (more than one page), as the html interpreter ignores the directive to not split cells across pages.  In that case, save the html, and open it in Firefox (not Safari).  Then print from there.  But that’s only for long invoices.

If the invoice isn’t posted, the place where the invoice number should appear says “invoice in progress”,  to replace that text with the invoice number, post the invoice, and then refresh the printable invoice (refresh button on the top bar).