How to print invoices from gnucash

L. D. James ljames at apollo3.com
Mon Mar 16 11:25:44 EDT 2015

On 03/16/2015 06:11 AM, Liz wrote:
> L. D. James wrote:
>> I have created an invoice.  However, I can't figure out how to print the
>> invoice that I created.
>>
>> A google search on printing invoices shows many steps for creating
>> customize invoice formats.  The few that shows the actual options
>> haven't worked for me.  I go to the steps and either get a grayed out
>> invoice option of this error message:
>>
>> No valid invoice selected. Click on the Options button and select the
>> invoice to use.
>>
>> I have one invoice in the system.  It's invoice reference number: 000001
>>
>> When I have it on the screen and try to follow the steps I found
>> (Reports -> Business -> Printable Invoice) I see it as a grayed out
>> option.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for anyone who can help.
>>
>> -- L. James
>>
> Just a little help first...
>
> Linux? Mac? Windows?
> Version OS and version Gnucash?
So far I've installed it on 5 different computers (all except a Mac) and
about 4 different versions.  I used the version that was in the
repository of Ubuntu 12.04.  The version from the repository of 14.04
and the version for the repository of Ubuntu 14.10.  Then on each of
those computers I downloaded the latest at the time.  I experienced the
same on each.

One of my main computers is running Ubuntu 14.10.  I upgraded the
gnucash version on this computer since posting my message with the
repository link:

deb http://cz.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu utopic main universe

So at this time its versions:

OS:             Ubuntu 14.10 (with all updates)
Gnucash:    2.6.4

Thanks!

-- L. James

--