Recocile checking account with OFX file

dave boland dboland9 at fastmail.fm
Mon Mar 16 09:38:39 EDT 2015

All,

We seem to have gotten off my topic - how to import and reconcile bank
transactions into gnuCash using an OFX file.  I backed up my gnuCash file,
started the import process, and got the window listing the results (red,
yellow, green).  I clicked on Help, but found it to be of little use.  I
Googled gnuCash OFX import, but found very little and no official
documentation.  A lot of the transactions the importer wanted to load were
duplicates that varied by date only (date of actual transaction in gnuCash,
date vendor got paid in the OFX file), and it was very confusing.  I decided
to just download a CSV file, load it into LibreOffice Calc, and do every
thing by hand.

Call me disappointed.  Hope that new releases of gnuCash improve the
importer.

Dave,

--
  dave boland