Ability to change System Date for GnuCash

Fred Bone Fred.Bone at dial.pipex.com
Tue Mar 17 18:59:23 EDT 2015

On 17 March 2015 at 10:41, John Nickell said:

> I don't have it in front of me, but I think he's wanting to change the
> format to be DD/MM/YEAR instead of MM/DD/YEAR

No, he asked for DD MMMM YYYY format (i.e. long alphabetic month). That
isn't offered in Edit->Preferences,Date/Time on my system.

The "Locale" setting appears to use one's system short-date format. (Mine
is naturally identical to the ISO format). However, if I set mine to "d
MMMM yyyy" then the sample in the Preferences dialog shows as "31 July
2005", but the date actually displayed in registers is "17 Mar 2015",
i.e. short alpha not long alpha. I have no idea whether this is true
across all platforms or specific to Windows.