Bulk move transactions

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Wed Mar 18 11:09:41 EDT 2015

On Wed 18 March 15 14:47:48 Jill Terry wrote:
> I'm guessing that this isn't going to be possible!
>
> Is it possible to move all transactions from one account to another?
>
> We have members that pay their subs in advance, this is entered, often
> as a split, into a liability account for the year (ie 2016, 2017,
> etc.).   Then when 2016 comes I need to transfer all in liability
> account to income account.
>
> Cheers
> Jill

Hi Jill,

If you delete the account that you want to move the transactions from, GC will
ask you if you want to delete all those txns or assign them to another
account.

Not sure how well it will handle splits, though.  Your income account may end
up looking a bit confused.  Try it on some back up data!

HTH.
Maf.