Find Transaction Result – Can’t change View

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Mar 18 13:12:20 EDT 2015

Hi,

farmerjohn <rich.lipscomb at gmail.com> writes:

>> Search output is considered a General Ledger (which is also always
>> expanded) because the Search Results are generally not limited to a
>> single account.  So no, there is no way to make it single-line mode.
>
>> What exactly are you trying to do?  Perhaps there is a better way to do
>> it, perhaps using something like the Transaction Report?
>
> my wife has some out of pocket expenses she gets reimbursed for.  I print a
> report of those expenses that have not been reimbursed for (in
> expenses:teaching:supplies) as well as exclude the expenses she has been
> reimbursed for and its corresponding reimbursement pmt.

I'll note that purchases made for which you expect to be reimbursed are
technically NOT expenses to you (and the reimbursement technically isn't
income).

> (income:Reimbursements).  Presently, I am "tagging" with 'paid;' in the memo
> field for those expenses that have been reimbursed.   The transaction Report
> alows me to 'exclude'  "income:Reimbursements" which works well but I've yet
> to figure out a way to exclude expenses tagged as 'paid;' in the memo field.

You'd be better served by putting these transactions into something like
Assets:Reimbursibles and then when you get reimbursed you move that
value from A:Reimbursibles to your Cash or Bank account.

What I do is mark my Reimbursibles as cleared when I file for
reimbursement, and then I reconcile those transactions when the
reimbursement happens.