Setting up gnucash to use postgesql back end - close but no cigar ...

Wm wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 18 17:06:33 EDT 2015

Mon, 16 Mar 2015 07:57:38
<546a0a2344968a596a449e35f072bc77.squirrel at billiau.net>  Liz
<edodd at billiau.net>

>Sébastien de Menten wrote:
>> Hello John,
>> You emphasized a couple of times that a) no CPU architecture supports
>> decimals b) sqlite does not support decimals natively, c) storing string
>> could be less performant.
>> And I agree on all of these points.
>> However, if time spent by gnucash on number mgt is marginal, these points
>> may not be that critical ... and so it can open/widen the horizon of
>> possibilities in terms of evolutions.
>> No more, no less than that (and sorry to have been probably confusing in
>> my
>> reasoning).
>> regards,
>> Sebastien
>>

>Would you please take this discussion to gnucash-devel if there are to be
>any further posts.
>While it began as a user quesry, it has left this sphere.
>
>Liz
>Moderator

Heh, Sebastien does seem to get himself caught between two stools more
often than most.

I'm not sure what the answer is, S, in dev you want users to do stuff
and in users you want access that leads back to dev.

Surely you have thought through this conundrum by now?  I can assure I
read what you say,  I just don't know where you are going.

--
Wm...