How to change register font size on Windows?

paul.b.salmon paul.b.salmon at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 15:48:33 EDT 2015

I'm on GnuCash 2.6.5. The font has always been a bit too small for my
screen, but after the upgrade from 2.4.3 it now looks even smaller. I've
spent quite a while looking for ways to fix this myself, but didn't get
anywhere.

I've found the Select Theme tool which successfully changes the font size
of all the menus and toolbars - but not the register. I've messed around
with .gtkrc and successfully modified the font size of all the menus and
toolbars once again. I've found a thread about 2.6.3 on Windows which
recommends Edit / Preferences / Register / Use system theme colors, and
this worked to change the register colors. Just not the font.

So the font face and size used for the actual register remains unchanged no
matter what I do.

Is there anything I can do about it short of grabbing the source code and
building it myself with a font size that is appropriate for my screen? If
the answer is "no" I understand, it'll just save me time trying to find
something else that works.