Problem installing Crypt-SSLeay

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Sat Mar 21 13:25:10 EDT 2015

On Wednesday 04 March 2015 20:35:40 Erik Colson wrote:
> Geert Janssens <geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be> writes:
> > But even after that, I get errors. I'm out of time to go hunting for
> > this unfortunately. For reference I'll post the output of "perl
> > gnc-fq-check" below : C:\Program Files\gnucash\bin>perl
> > gnc-fq-check
> > Can't locate JSON/XS.pm in @INC (you may need to install the
> > JSON::XS module) (@INC contains: C:/Perl/site/lib C:/Perl/lib .) at
> > (eval 68) line 2. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 68)
> > line 2. at C:/Perl/site/lib/Finance/Quote/MtGox.pm line 21.
>
> Hi,
>
> MtGox requires JSON, which should be installed automatically when
> installing F::Q (I've checked it is included in the Makefile.PL).
> It is JSON which will use JSON::XS _if_ it is present. So to me it
> looks like your Activestate install thinks JSON::XS is installed.
>
> So either Activestate changes the JSON module to always require
> JSON::XS but forgets to install it, either your install got corrupted
> somehow.. Therefor my question to you: is this a fresh Activestate
> install ? If yes, are you certain there are no older installs in your
> path which might interfere ?

It took me a while to reply because I was traveling. Back now.

Perhaps an older install was interfering. So I double-checked.

First uninstalled ActiveState via the Software control panel, then
removed C:\Perl completely.

Reinstalled ActiveState Perl (5.20.1).

Ran install-fq-mods.cmd
This is a script supplied with gnucash that basically does some initial
checks and then runs
perl -x -S ppm install Finance-Quote

Followed by a few simple checks (in a perl script):
require Finance::Quote;
Finance::Quote->import;
$quoter=Finance::Quote->new();
...some more checks

The "Finance::Qutoe->new()" call results in the aforementioned error. So
it looks to me ActiveState is not handling its dependencies properly.

Geert