assets over time report doesn't account for historical quotes

Tim Newsome tim at casualhacker.net
Sat Mar 21 14:09:15 EDT 2015

I'm using gnucash to track my investments, and would like to see how they
are performing over time. One way to do that is simply to look at the
market value of my holdings over time. I thought that the "Assets Over
Time" report would do that, but it does not. It graphs the number of each
security that I own, assuming the value of each security never changes. But
securities do change in value, and that's exactly what I want to see.

Is there a report that does what I'm looking for?

Tim