creating QIF file under Dos using AWK

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun Mar 22 15:01:53 EDT 2015

Hi,

piggyb <piggybattery at gmail.com> writes:

> Thank you for the attachment
>
> I was wondering if I used the field Payee correctly. I could not find a
> field for the account number so I use the account name, because clearer to
> read with the import.

Usually the Payee is the person or company that is being paid (or paying
you).  So in your example:

> !Type:Bank
> !Account
> NAccountName
> ^
> !Type:Bank
> D31-12-2014
> T-30,12
> MGrandmother cake factory
> NAtem
> PG mam bakery
> AAdress

The payee, "G mam bakery" would be put into the GnuCash transaction
description field, and would imply that's the same of the company.

> Is there a field that I can use to store the bank number of grandmother's
> cake factory?

Not really from the importer.  Once the account gets created you could
put it into the Account Notes field?

> And can I implement the perl script in GnuCash?

I'm not sure what this means.  GnuCash does not have a PERL interpreter
built-in.