Won't let me enter expenses or income prior to the date I downloaded software?

Kevin Cox coxkjc at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 24 06:22:44 EDT 2015

 I started a new file and the new is working fine now. Not sure what I did the first time. Luckliy I didn't have to much info started so opening a new file wasn't too much of a headache. Thanks for all the replies. Kevin

     On Monday, March 23, 2015 5:24 PM, Colin Law <clanlaw at gmail.com> wrote:

 On 23 March 2015 at 21:21, Alice Lee <alee212007 at satx.rr.com> wrote:
> When you started your data file, did you put in a beginning date?  Perhaps
> you let the date default to the current date.  I would suggest starting a
> new date file--you can use the same name and call it new or two so it is a
> little different.  Make sure you set the beginning of your transactions to
> the end of whatever period you want to put in balances if there are old
> balances to carry over.  If not, set it at whatever date you want to start
> the data file.

I do not think that would prevent transactions prior to the start date
being entered.

Colin