GNU cash crashes when I try to link an invoice to a payment on account

andy contact at acorncoopsupport.org.uk
Tue Mar 24 08:15:43 EDT 2015

Hi,

can anyone tell me why GNUcash vs 2.6.5 on Lubuntu 14.04.1 crashes
whenever I link a payment on account with an invoice.

I would have a payment linked to a customer then also have an invoice,
and then business/ customer/ process payment and highlight both payment
and invoice so payment amount is zero. At this point Gnucash just freezes.

It also freezes if the payment amount is negative. This means I can't
apply forward payments to invoices and so invoices don't get paid and
customers have huge unapplied amounts.

Is this a setup problem or generic bug for developers (which I can't
help with sorry)

cheers

andy