Recording all purchases under a vendor???

MP99 martinrpayneuk at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 13:24:08 EDT 2015

Geert Janssens-4 wrote
> On Wednesday 25 March 2015 08:02:59 MP99 wrote:
> This works indeed. However, the way GnuCash was really designed to work
> is that if you receive a payment for a vendor before you have received
> the bill, you select Vendors->Process Payment... and record the payment
> against the proper vendor directly.
>
> Then when the bill comes in, you enter it, post it, and immediatly
> choose "Pay Bill". The pre-payment will be in the payment dialog
> together with the bill. Select both lines to complete the payment.
>
> Geert

Thanks, hadn't appreciated that alternate method, which helps me understand
the principles of the system better. (BTW, I think you meant "if you make a
payment to a vendor" rather than "receive a payment", but the principle is
clear).

I was going to post a longer response, but I think I should start a new
topic instead.

cheers, Martin