Re: Another Compile Question – libgoffice-0.10-0

Roger Miskowicz rmisko11 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 04:17:47 EDT 2015

Thanks Denis, with that link I was able to compile after following the
instructions.  Note that contrary to the instructions I needed to install
guile-2.0.

After installation and trying to run gnucash I get this error message:

/usr/local/bin/gnucash: error while loading shared libraries:
libgnc-gnome.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

But it is in /usr/local/lib:

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   21 Mar 27 03:59 libgnc-gnome.so.0 ->
libgnc-gnome.so.0.0.0*

locate libgnc-gnome.so.0 produces:

/usr/local/lib/libgnc-gnome.so.0
/usr/local/lib/libgnc-gnome.so.0.0.0

What do I need to do so that gnucash can find libgnc-gnome.so.0?

Thanks,
  Roger