Transaction Import Matching

Robin Chattopadhyay robinraymn at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 21:38:14 EDT 2015

Hi-

I have a mildly annoying scenario that I was wondering if: (a) there are
settings that could be tweaked, (b) it's a bug, or (c) an enhancement is
required.

I am billed each week for my kids' before-school care. The provider submits
three separate debit card charges, each for the same amount, for each child
on the same day. All three transactions are separately entered in the
register. So far, so good.

When I download the OFX file via aqbanking, all three transactions from the
OFX file are matched to the same transaction in the register. Consequently,
after completing the import matching, one transaction will be marked
cleared, and the other two will remain uncleared.

The workarounds I (alternately) employ are:
-- Manually match the second and third transactions (usual course)
-- Accept the automatic matching and manually mark the second and third
transactions as cleared, but then the transactions show up again the next
time I import the OFX file.

It's not serious problem, but I am curious what the expected action should
be. I would think in an ideal world, the logic in the importer would not
match multiple OFX transactions to the same register transaction.

Thanks,
Robin