Account selection for Transaction reports

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Mon Mar 30 12:01:37 EDT 2015

On Monday 30 March 2015 16:50:04 Donald Muir wrote:
> It seems quite impossible to select and/or filter out the account
> ranges I need for my transaction reports.
>
> In ordinary English usage, "select all" and "select children" do not
> work, unless
>
> First I open all levels of the account tree, then I want to select
> accounts for my report. GC lets me select only one contiguous account
> range, but the list is in alphabetic order of top level accounts
> rather than the "logical" order specified by my account code
> structure.
>
> Ok, so I can filter out the accounts I don't want. Or can I? - the
> filter mechanism suffers from the same defects: it's in alpha order
> and allows only one contiguous range.
>
> Please may we have the following:
>    1.   sort the accounts list in account code sequence so I can keep
> certain accounts at the end of the list 2.   allow selection and
> filtering on any arbitrary set of accounts
>
> In many applications, various key combinations (Ctrl+Click, etc)
> toggle list entries on or off: not GnuCash.

It actually works this way on Fedora 20, gnucash 2.6.5. I can use Ctrl-
Click to add/remove arbitrary single accounts in both lists. Note that
the first ctrl-click appears to be absorbed to highlight the whole
account tree widget. Subsequent ctrl-clicks work as advertised.

You may also want to upgrade to gnucash 2.6.5 as that's the current
stable release (and what I have tested with).

Geert