Recording all purchases under a vendor???

nssimpson nick.simpson at devilprinters.co.uk
Mon Mar 30 08:22:25 EDT 2015

Hi Geert

Thanks for all your input. Some stuff to be thinking about there!

I don't hold any stock because the items ship straight from the manufacturer
or distributor to the customer. It's the way most purely online stores work
in my industry (i.e. ones with no physical store).

I've been using a subaccount within "Expenses" to record all my supplier
invoices and a subaccount within "Income" for all my sales invoices.

Would you recommend that I move the subaccount into "Assets" or would it
make no major difference? My accountant doesn't have any knowledge of
Gnucash so I'll have to show him how it's set up next time he's with me.

Thanks again, Nick.