Canadian Tax Reporting - GIFI ??

bunk3m bunk3m at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 19:10:58 EDT 2015

Hi!

A year or more back I asked if anyone had created the GIFI codes for tax
reporting in Canada.

At the time someone offered to create the input file for GnuCash if I
would create/capture the codes.

I downloaded the docs and stripped out the codes.  The GIFI codes and
descriptions have been available in a text file for input into the tax
reporting format since then.

So I'm offering the data file again for anyone who might be able to
create the tax reporting input format for GnuCash.  I have no idea how
to code so don't know where to start.

If we have no volunteers ... then, if someone is willing to hold my hand
and can direct me to a table definition or file format or whatever this
may need, I'll see if I can figure this out.  I can cut and paste as
good as anyone out there! :-)

Directions to how this Tax Table file definition or whatever that may be
called would be appreciated as a start.

Thanks in advance.
B.

PS on digest mode.  Please cc me directly.