John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon May 4 14:56:03 EDT 2015

> On May 4, 2015, at 11:43 AM, John A Brown <johnbrowngreybeard at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I am a new user. I have tried to post to this list by emailing to
> gnucash-user at gnucash.org along with a CC to the same address. I do not see
> my posts and I do not receive any replies. I use gmail and it seems to have
> a habit of removing the CC address if it is the same as the mail to
> address. Hopefully I will see this post. Does that mean that I always email
> to JAMES STEEGE with a CC to gnucash-user at gnucash.org?

If you put gnucash-user at gnucash.org in either To: or CC: everyone who’s subscribed to the list will get it. If you’re getting list mail except your own it’s probably because gmail is eating it, figuring that you already have a copy. It might also be deciding that it’s spam because it has a gmail.com From: header and isn’t coming directly from a gmail server.

You’ll often see replies on the list, including this one, which are to one person and CC the list because the most convenient way to reply and ensure that the list gets a copy is to use “reply-all”, which in most mailers does that.

Regards,
John Ralls