Split transactions

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Mon May 4 16:49:42 EDT 2015

Another cause of "disappearing" transactions is entering past
transactions in the general journal. The general journal by default only
displays transactions for the last month. So if you enter a transaction
that's older than this it would disappear.

This should not happen when you enter the transaction straight into your
checking account's register. This register can be opened by double-
clicking on your checking account in the Account Hierarchy page.

Regards,

Geert