spilt transactions

Jonathan Garber jonnathan500 at gmail.com
Mon May 4 22:00:27 EDT 2015

I have not been able to enter a split transaction. I tried as some have
suggested to create a line with the total as if it is a single entry, click
through to the next line then open it for splitting the deposit. Each time
I try, the total amount that I enter in the main line (before entering and
splitting), then open it again as a split, and start entering the splits,
the total deposit disappears and little boxes appear in each total box. See
screenshot....

Then after I input all the info and press enter, the entry disappears (with
today's date) but the transaction appears in the accounts that I transfer
to...

Stumped.

Jonathan